My favourite pizza is the cheese burst as I am very fond of eating cheese. This sort of pizza comes at a slightly higher price so it is not possible to opt for it very often. Also not all vegetarians would step in there. Hence keeping these things in mind I, tried making cheese burst pizza like that in dominos at home quite a lot of time so that my family members could enjoy the taste. Now that I am perfect at doing so, I would love to reveal that secret to all pizza lovers so that their expenses are cut down and it can be made with excellence at home. Something which I diont like about this pizza is the raised oparts at the sides. The whole pizza is loaded with cheese and this part feels like a hard dry bun which has nothing in between. So,I would also like to add something different to this version that is cheese stuffing within the raised parts at the sides.
1. For the Dough
· All purpose flour 4 cups
· Dry Active yeast 2 ½ teaspoon
· Sugar 1 teaspoon
· Salt ½ teaspoon
· Warm water 1 cup
· Olive oil-1/4 cup
2. Processed cheese
(a) grated 1 cup
(b) Cut into many pieces of 1cm by 4cm or longer so that it covers up the entire raised portions
3. Mozarella cheese- ½ cup
4. Topping ( you can choose among the following
Mushroom, baby corn, sweet corn, bell peppers, olive, onion, cherry tomatoes
· Mix ¼ cup of warm water with yeast and sugar. Allow it to rest so that it dissolves properly. Meanwhile place flour in a bowl and mix with salt. Add the yeast water and rest of the warm water and knead into a dough that is neither too hard nor too soft. Cover it with a damb cloth and allow it to rest in a warm place for about 1-2 hours until it doubles in volume. knead it well for 5-10 minutes and cover it again and let it rest for 10 more minutes. Break the dough into 4 balls. Keep two aside and use the two to make one pizza.
· Roll both the dough separately using your hands and dry flour by spinning it gently over a flat board into a circle until it has reached the desired shape and size. Keep them, apart. If this feels difficult, you can use a use the roller meant for rolling chappatis.
· Once it is done, on top of one of such circle add grated processed cheese throughout leaving 1inch all over the sides so that we can paste another layer on top. Moisten the part that has been left for pasting with two to three drops of water. Now that we are done add the other circle on top. Gently press the sides and the top to seal them.
· Place it on top of baking stone or wire rack or a plate that you would be using for baking it. Press the sides that have no cheese in it to flatten it completely.
· Add cheese cubes that were cut earlier throughout the flattened sides and using water paste it inside, so that we have a raised part filled with cheese.
· Spread some olive oil and 4-5 tablespoon of pizza sauce. Do not puncture all over the upper layer using a fork as we normally do while cooking a pizza since once the cheese wrapped within the layer melts, it will overflow through the hole and will appear untidy and messed up. Light punctures can be made but it should not prick through the base or second layer.
· Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, Add toppings as per your preference.
· Preheat oven to 250 degree for 5- 10 minutes. Place the pizza in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Different oven have different results. Once you have an idea, you can adjust as per the temperature or time used by you.
If you don’t have an oven at home you can cook it in a preheated pan by adding dry flour on the pan so that the lower part of the crust doesn’t get burnt. Place the pizza on top and cover it and check after few minutes if it is cooked or not. It will be much better if the pan is a non sticky one.
Once it is cooked, use a pizza cutter to cut it. Serve hot adding oregano seasoning and chilly flakes. Enjoy the flavor and taste of seasonings and toppings with hot thick cheese that flows within your mouth with each bite that you take.
Hope my blog will help quench the thirst of pizza lovers.